2017 | contribute to the chaos



I wanna contribute to the chaos, I don't wanna watch and then complain--
'cause I am through, finding blame, this is a decision that I have made. 
-twin sized mattress, the front bottoms 


I've touched upon it before, but I've been at this weird part in my life for a little while now. I'm learning, now, that growing up is hard, and it's a constant tug-of-war, between acting responsible and running reckless. On one hand, I live far from home and have a full-time job, bills and a gym membership--on another hand, I'm six months out of college and still eat cookies from dinner, sometimes.  Life, while nice enough, lacks those moments of, well, chaos that come with being younger. Things are stable, white-bread, routine. 

My main goal for 2017 is to, as the front bottoms say, "contribute to the chaos." I want to live a dizzingly messy, rollercoaster, glorious, beautiful life; I want to go back to film photos, christmas lights and goodwill clothing. I want to make art, write beautiful words, capture everything. I don't want to be a passive observer in my own life, anymore--I want to be in the eye of the hurricane, and there's no excuse to not be. 

Poetic waxing aside, I have plenty of other goals for this year--here are some of them. 

  1. make 5 videos // I want to learn how to do the video thing~ 
  2. take a trip somewhere // Come June, I'll have actual vacation hours--where to go ?
  3. run a 5k // I'm going to do it this year, I swear. 
  4. improve my photo skills to [somewhat] satisfaction // I want to be proud of my photo work and consistently make good photos, professionally and personally.  
  5. launch atlas addict quarterly // we are so close, and I am so excited. 
  6. figure out what hygge is, and apply it to my life // fairly self-explanatory
  7. more photos of myself // believe me, i know how self-involved this is--but i hate having my photo taken, and there should be photos of me ya know????

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.