Saying auf wiedersehen! to Germany

last-1-28

well, it's all over.

I don't know if there are words to explain what the last five months have meant to me. Okay, maybe there are words-a lot of them-but I don't know if I could put them all together, here, the feelings and thoughts I have scribbled in notebooks and sketchbooks in blue and black ink.

I will say that the people I met on exchange are some of the best. I  will miss the dinners we shared together in my kitchen, every day, in front of the "second-most famous wall in Germany;" I will miss running into people in the quadrate, every day-the late nights and, sometimes, mornings. I will miss trams and buses and cheap grocery prices and my little, ugly city. I miss it already.

I'm still slowly plugging my way through posts here on the blog, so in some ways it will be still like being on exchange for a little while-I've got, like, a million cities to still write about. But for now, I just want to say thank you. thank you, thank you, thank you, for listening and reading and commenting and sharing. I love you all! Here's to many more adventures, trips and travels.

kerris last day -1-8

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.