Barcelona | Barceloneta + the sea











Barceloneta is a neighborhood by the sea. It's a little crowded, and a little run-down; people stand outside on the sidewalks, or in the squares, and chat. If you head to the beach and walk a little bit one way, you'll find tall buildings and expensive clubs-but Barceloneta remains fairly untouched, it seems.

I spent the first five years of my life in view of the ocean-there is nothing that makes me happier, and I swear that saltwater runs through my veins. I didn't realize how much I missed the sea until it was in sight, until its chilly waves lapped up against my feet. We went to the beach every day, and each time I climbed over rocks like a child, sand caught where i'd rolled my pant legs up. I would imagine a life lived in Barceloneta-a balcony crowded with laundry, daily pilgrimidges to the beach, spanish and sunshine. It was my favorite, favorite place in Barcelona-and what better way to end my set of posts about the city?

sorry for the silence on the blog recently-i'm leaving Germany in four days! Life has become a whirlwind of packing, papers, avoiding packing + papers, and bittersweet goodbyes.

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.