Block Island pt.6//southeast lighthouse + a foggy day

southeast lighthouse

Block Island

Block Island

On one of my last days on the island, the fog rolled in and my mother and I raced down to the bluffs to capture it. We started off at the Southeast Lighthouse, which is considered one of the main things to do at the island-however, while the architecture was beautiful, there wasn't much to see as far as the interior, as it's being remodeled and, in order to get to the top, you have to pay $10. The views were really pretty though.

Block Island

Block Island

Block Island

Block Island

Block Island

Block Island

Block Island

We then climbed down to the beach, where my mom set up her tripod and i took to roaming the beach, climbing over rocks. Even though it was grey and overcast, it was also beautiful-and hands down, these are some of my favorite shots from the entire trip {so it's exciting for me to be sharing them!} I know that already gushed about Mohegan Bluffs before, but it was the best place on the island to me, and ugh, i just LOVED it, and I can't wait to go back someday. {preferably soon!}

This is almost the last post on Block Island-I have one more to wrap up the series, but a big thanks to all my readers for your patience! I know that I've drawn it out for a while now, but as a travel blog I try to post about travel as much as possible, and I don't necessarily get to go away much, so I wanted to split up my experiences into a bunch of posts. So thanks for your patience!



in case you missed it....



Image Map

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.