block island pt. 7//a final sunset

Block Island

Block Island 












































I try to capture everything, and I think sometimes that it isn't the best way to live, that perhaps I should keep some things just a memory. Everything doesn't have to be a photograph, I remind myself, and I often wonder if my desire to record is a product of my personality or being part of an internet generation. But then, I come across something-an expression, or a scene, or a moment-that is just beautiful, and I realize that I could never put my camera down, you know? Because I'll be forever in search of those moments.

We stumbled onto this scene on one of our last nights on the island-two girls lighting a lantern on the beach as the sunset. It was such a lucky encounter, a beautiful scene unfolding right in front of us, and standing on the beach, I couldn't help but think of a Kurt Vonnegut quote;

"and i urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'if this isn't nice, i don't know what is'. "



the block island series is over! thanks for sticking with me through its run


in case you missed it....





Image Map

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.