people//amanda

Spring Break 2014
amanda//march 2014//boston, ma//canon 5d

I was lucky to snap this shot during spring break, and it's become one of my favorites. I love to capture the essence, the raw vulnerability of a person-I like to think you can see it in their eyes. There's a certain unknown about being this age right now-19, 20-that I personally believe manifests beautifully in front of a camera-In some of my friends, there's an easy confidence, but in a lot of friends, there's this slight hesitation. I don't know, I could be making this all up because I am too close to the people I photograph, that I imagine it, but I think there's something there.

I haven't been on the blog recently, mostly because I've been busy, partially because I've been bored. I turned 20 last week-if I can get my act together, I'll write about that-and thank god, it's gotten warmer. We're heading into those delicious couple of weeks where it's warm, and the schoolwork tapers off a little-the sunny days before the mosquitoes and gnats descend and the humidity makes us all melt-and I couldn't be more excited....

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.