Boston//the esplanade







winter//spring//summer//autumn

  Gush about New York, dream about Los Angeles-but lemme tell you, there's no greater American city than Boston. Maybe it's the historical brownstones, or the streets teeming with college kids-maybe it's the 21 diverse little neighborhoods and the intense pride that comes from being a Bostonian//Red Sox fan. I've never lived anywhere besides Massachusetts, so I guess I'm simultaneously biased and naive in my assumptions, but there's something special about this town, and I think others can agree. 

  If you come to Boston {and you definitely should!}, I strongly recommend a trip to the Charles River Esplanade, a.k.a my favorite place on Earth. It's this long, narrow park that sits on the bank of-yes, you've guessed it-the Charles River, and it's easily one of the most beautiful parts of Boston. Despite it's proximity to the center of the city and the major landmarks, it stays pretty quiet, so it's the perfect place to bicycle, run picnic, or just relax on one of the docks that juts out into the river. {There's also a really cool playground that definitely was designed with college students, not children, in mind. Best enjoyed late at night}. So many of my memories from last spring revolve around this special little place-sitting on the dock in the rain, after celebrating the bomber's capture at the Commons; spontaneous Friday night picnics, complete with tree climbing; and one trip that may or may not have included a dip in the lagoon. {note; not a great idea, but a great story} It's a place full of adventure and beauty-and I hope, someday, that you can experience it as well!

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.