lately//film i


November Film

November Film

November Film

November Film

November Film

November Film

November Film

November Film
november 2013//boston + bridgewater, ma//nikon action touch with expired film

a couple of months ago, i discovered a huge box of expired film in my basement, + i've been slowly working my way through the c-41 rolls ever since. my parents roll their eyes and ask me why i'm wasting my time {and money} with these-any one of those shots would be beautiful digitally, they say.

i like the expired film though. for one thing, i already have it-so why not save the money and use it? the results are spontaneous, and interesting. and furthermore, something about film is so nostalgic, so inherently beautiful. having the prints in my hands, flipping through the stack.....everything about it is slower. there's no instant gratification here. would i shoot like this all the time? nope. but when it comes to snapshots-the bits and pieces that make up my life, for a glimpse into what it's like to be 19, and existing solely in the inbetween-i couldn't imagine a better way to portray that then grainy prints taped side by side on my bedroom wall.

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.