thoughts//adventures

abandoned train

abandoned train

RED

abandoned train

abandoned train

abandoned train
August 13, 2013//North Conway, New Hampshire//Canon 5D 

As a child, I wanted nothing more than to be an adventurous kid. But I paled at rollercoasters, cried at learning to ride a bike, and skiing? Forget about it. I wanted to be brave, but resigned myself to being a 'fraidy cat forever.

 But as I crept through an abandoned train car, adrenaline coursing through my veins, it hit me. I am 19, and I have climbed mountains, swam in dirty Boston rivers and seen the Mona Lisa; flown across the ocean by myself, partied at Harvard, explored abandoned psych hospitals and tuscan farmhouses. I have run around in hurricanes and blizzards, and celebrated Easter Mass in Italian;  ziplined through the trees and climbed down into the Grand Canyon. And while it may or may not have taken me two years to learn to drive a car (and ride a bike)........I'm not a wimpy kid anymore. I'm an adventurer. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.