Cold War Kids

providenceconcerttwo

Cold War Kids

Cold War Kids

Cold War Kids

Ok, embarrassing confession time-until last Friday, I'd never been to a concert. Can you believe that? It's not like I live in the middle of nowhere, or that I don't love music-I love music, and there's always plenty of bands around to go see. 

I call it the Concert Curse. Ever since I was a junior in high school, every time I've attempted to go to a show, something has gotten in the way. The reasons range from understandable-too expensive, no ride, no friends to go with, school nights, work, practice-to a little more complicated-sudden jump in ticket prices, selling out the day before, rugby tournements, getting an ovary removed. Its become a source of amusement to my friends, who roll their eyes when I declare, confidently, that this is going to be the show I'm going to make it to, only to hear me swearing inaudibly a few minutes later when the tickets sell out or cost an arm or a leg. 

Welllll, I finally broke the concert curse last Friday, when I finally made it to the last WBRU free concert in Providence. And it was wonderful. Cold War Kids are fantastic live-me and a gazillion other cute hipsters (and some old people) rocked out to some of their more popular tunes (Hang me up to Dry or Miracle Mile, anyone?) for a solid hour. I was wicked far back so I couldn't get great pictures, but I think I captured the atmosphere of the crowd pretty well. 





What was your first concert?




Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.