they used to sing about the birds and the bees


Summer Adventures


maevewalking

fieldsofwheat

maevetext

wp2

maeve3

maeve4

deannatext


deanna4

deanna3

deanna1

wheat

There's this wildlife preserve tucked away on the outskirts of my hometown that my family and I discovered recently. It contains acres upon acres of swaying wheat fields, split into two by a road that once led out of town, until a bridge went out and the land reclaimed it. Going there has become my favorite thing to do-be alone with the ticks nature, feel at peace, soak up the sun.

It's also THE perfect place for photo shoots. I did a quick test photo shoot with my two friends Maeve and Deanna, as shown above, with my new baby, the Canon 5D. My lens broke half way through and my lighting was waaaay off, but here are the results-not too bad for my first time using the 5D. Then again, these ladies are so gorgeous, I could be using a potato and the pictures would look great.

are there any 'forgotten' places in your town//city?

 listening to//Of Monsters and Men, Dirty Paws 

Latest Instagrams

© Roots + Roads. Design by Fearne.